RESERVATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS EFFECTIVE FROM 26th JULY 2021.
HolidayCars.com is a marketplace website that contracts with different car rental products and suppliers from around the world to compare and display a wide range of options and prices available to book online.
These Reservation Terms and Conditions represent our contract with you, for the Services. Together, these are referred to as the “Contract”. The Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the provision of our Services to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
No conduct by us shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any other terms. Acceptance of the Services or proceeding with a Reservation shall be deemed conclusive evidence of your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You are advised to check the website to consider any changes to the Terms and Conditions which apply to you. Both these Terms and Conditions and those of the Rental Providers we work with contain some exclusions and limitations of liability, so you should carefully read these and make sure you are aware of their contents.
- The following words have the corresponding meanings:
Reservation: the specific service(s) purchased by the Renter;
Collection Point: as indicated on your Rental Agreement;
Contract: has the meaning set out above;
Renter:: this refers to you, the person or persons using or proposing to use the Services (also referred to throughout this document as “you” or “your”);
Holiday Cars: For any reservations made on or after the 26th July 2021; Booking Adventures Limited, with company number 13517258 whose registered office is at The Barn Hall Mews, Boston Spa, Wetherby, England, LS23 6DT (also referred to throughout this document as “we”, “our” or “us”);
Optional Extras: those items selected by you at the time of Reservation or on collection of the Vehicle. A full list of optional extras can be found on our website;
Rental Agreement: the agreement setting out the particulars of the Vehicle you hire from the Rental Provider which is subject to the Rental Provider’s terms and conditions;
Rental Fees: our fees payable by you for the hire of the Vehicle, including the fees for any Optional Extras;
Rental Period: the period from collection (the start date and time shown on the confirmation of Reservation) ending on the indicated date and time shown on the confirmation of Reservation);
Rental Provider: the operator of the featured hire vehicle for which we act as a Reservation agent;
Reservation: your reservation of a Vehicle from the Rental Provider arranged by us for the Rental Period specified by you at the time of Reservation;
Services: our arranging of the supply of Vehicle hire to you;
Terms and Conditions: these terms and conditions as updated from time to time; and
Vehicle(s): the car you have agreed to rent from the Rental Provider for the Rental Period. This includes the keys for such car and all other accessories or parts present within the Vehicle from the commencement of the Rental Period.
Holiday Cars’s liability
- These terms and conditions apply only to Reservations made directly through this website. Reservations made via a third party’s website, including the website of the Rental Provider, are subject to the terms and conditions set out on that website.
- We act as a Reservation agent for the Rental Provider for the featured Vehicles on our website. You will be contracting with the Rental Provider and will be subject to the Rental Provider’s terms and conditions. Full details of the terms and conditions are available from the Rental Provider. Once we have passed your reservation over to the Rental Provider, we have no further legal obligations of liability to you and the Rental Agreement for the hire of the Vehicle will be between you and the Rental Provider.
- Although we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, neither we nor our affiliates, suppliers or agents can be held responsible by you for the accuracy of such information. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided on this website.
Confirming your Reservation and taking payment
- The Contract is made between you and us and sets out our responsibilities to you and your responsibilities to us when renting a Vehicle and purchasing any Optional Extras. All Reservations are accepted subject to the Rental Provider’s current terms and conditions, a full copy of which are available upon request.
- All Services are subject to availability. Once you have completed the online Reservation form on our website, we will email you to confirm the availability of the Vehicle within 48 hours (or at least 24 hours before your pick-up time where 48 hours is not possible).
- We reserve the right not to accept or fulfil a Reservation. A Reservation is not guaranteed and we may cancel a Reservation if the Rental Provider advises that it is unable to fulfil a Reservation for any reason. If this happens, we will tell you, and no charges will be made on your card, or if you have already been charged, we will refund you the amount you have paid but we do not accept any liability for any consequential loss or losses arising as a result of not being able to accept your Reservation.
- It is your responsibility to ensure all information provided when making a Reservation is correct and accurate and to ensure you read the confirmation email before travelling. We do not accept any liability for any costs incurred or consequential loss arising due to your failure to provide a valid contact number and email address (or other information required as part of the Reservation) or failing to read the confirmation email before travelling.
- Payment for the Reservation on our website can only be made using MasterCard, Visa and other payment methods indicated on our website from time to time.
- If payment by card is declined for any reason, we reserve the right not to refuse your Reservation.
- All Rental Fees are quoted in the currency of the selected country and include VAT where applicable.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Rental Fees include vehicle tax, local taxes, third party liability insurance and rental charges. All rentals are charged on a 24-hour basis. A full day is still charged for any portion of a 24 hour period used. You are responsible for all tolls, congestion charges, parking & traffic fines in accordance with the Rental Provider’s terms and conditions.
- When a Reservation is made using a non-UK credit card, the card issuer will debit the Renter’s account in the local overseas currency and at the exchange rate applicable on the date of processing. A conversion charge may be applicable.
- Certain products have free cancellation within certain conditions.
Pay Now – most Pay Now products come with free cancellation. You will pay the full price of the car hire at the point of purchase, and can cancel for free and receive a full refund providing you cancel with more than 48 hours’ notice, prior to the start date/time of the rental. Cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice will not be refunded.
Pay on arrival and deposit payments – in some cases you can secure your Reservation at the quoted price by paying only a small deposit. Deposit payments are non-refundable.
No Risk Warranty– in most cases you can purchase No Risk Warranty which protects your excess deposit in the event that you damage the vehicle. Full details including how to claim will be emailed to you on completion of your Reservation.
- To cancel a Reservation please log in using “Sign in” which is in the top menu of the Website, and use Manage My Booking.
- If the product you purchased did not have free cancellation and you did not purchase Cancellation Protection 48 or Cancellation Protection (as detailed below), then you cannot cancel the product without incurring a charge, which may be the full amount of the Rental Fees for the scheduled duration of your Reservation.
- Please note during the Corona virus pandemic that refunds are taking longer than usual to process and that the Company reserves the right to take up to 60 days to process any valid refund.
- Renters who do not turn up at the Collection Point, or who do not turn up in time, are not entitled to a refund. This includes non-receipt of a Vehicle due to insufficient documentation or late arrivals.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to refund any unused days or part days if the Vehicle is returned before expiry of the Rental Period. Some of the Rental Providers may agree on some compensation but this is not guaranteed and is at their discretion.
- In case of an obvious error (including any error in electronic labelling, error in data entry, error of calculation or clerical error) resulting in the display of a price which has obviously been displayed by mistake, we reserve the right to cancel your Reservation, even if it was automatically confirmed by us. You will be informed of this as soon as possible, to allow you to make a Reservation at the correct price, if you wish to. In any case, you will not be entitled to claim compensation from us on the grounds of the cancellation or the related costs, if any, that have been incurred due to an erroneous Reservation which has been cancelled.
- We reserve the right to cancel your Reservation if the Rental Provider of the Vehicle ceases to trade due to insolvency or closure of any branches. In such circumstances, we may cancel your Reservation with no liability whatsoever. If your Reservation is cancelled, a full refund will be made of all monies previously paid to us to the person that originally paid for the Reservation.
- We offer 2 cancellation protection products:
- “Cancellation Protection” which can be purchased for additional cancellation protection at the point of check out for an additional cost (shown on our website). This allows cancellations to be made up until the time of collection. A full refund of the car rental and No Risk Warranty (if applicable) will then be made minus the cost of the “Cancellation Protection” product.
Delivery and Pick-up Service
- On collecting the Vehicle please ensure you inspect the Vehicle for any damage and report any problems to the Rental Provider before departing the Collection Point. We highly recommend taking photos/videos of the Vehicle and ensure you are happy that the checkout documentation is correct showing all existing damages. Failure to do this could result in charges being made and as such any damages will be considered new damages. We also recommend checking the Vehicle with the Rental Provider when returning to ensure any damage is agreed.
- To book a Vehicle, it is essential that every driver has a valid driving licence that they have held for at least 1 year (this can vary per Rental Provider and will be confirmed during the Reservation process). Expired or provisional licences will not be accepted. When making a Reservation, you must be advise us of any endorsements or points on a driving licence. We reserve the right to refuse the Reservation based on the information your provide us.
- When picking up the Vehicle, every driver must present their licence. You must also keep your driving licence with you at all times throughout the Rental Period for perusal by local authorities.
- No refunds will be given if a Rental Provider refuses to supply a Vehicle because of undisclosed endorsements, or because you cannot provide a driving licence, its counterpart, or the required information about endorsements.
- Please note that an International Driving Permit does not replace the requirement for a regular driving licence. A full driving licence in the main driver’s name will still be required in order to rent the Vehicle, and every driver requiring an International Driving Permit must keep both documents with them at all times.
- You must read the terms and conditions of the Rental Provider prior to pick-up, as certain companies and locations may have requirements additional to those set out in this clause 6.
- We offer a variety of waiver and protection options to protect you during the Rental Period at the prices specified on our website. These include:
No Risk Warranty: For an additional daily rate, you can reduce your excess exposure to nil with our "No Risk Warranty" policy. You are covered up to £3,000 for a series of incidents during the Rental Period for the reimbursement of the excess applied by the Rental Provider. This also covers you for any physical loss or damage to the Vehicle for which you are responsible under the terms of the Rental Agreement, including: (a) damage to the Vehicle; (b) fire; (c) theft; (d) vandalism; (e) towing costs relating to the loss or damage; (f) loss of use of the Vehicle; (f) wheels; (g) tyres; (h) windscreen and other glass; (i) underside of the vehicle; (j) roof; and (k) locks and keys.
- You will be required to leave a deposit, or a block on the credit card in the name of the main driver, to the value of the insurance excess when collecting the Vehicle in the name of the main driver.
- Please note that the Rental Provider may require a security deposit at the start of the Rental Period to cover any insurance excess (see Optional Extras above), fuel, or other costs. This will be an amount blocked on the credit card of the main driver. The security deposit is returned/unblocked at the end of the Rental Period provided the Vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented. The amount held will be clearly shown within the “more information” link next to the car of choice and within the specific terms and conditions of the Rental Provider before payment is made.
- If you are collecting the Vehicle from an airport you should advise us of your arrival flight number when you complete your Reservation, or as soon as possible. If your flight is delayed or cancelled we advise that you contact the Rental Provider immediately to notify them. Failure to advise the Rental Provider of delays/cancelations could result in your Reservation being cancelled.
- We will not be responsible for any failure by the Rental Provider to provide the Vehicle, or if the Vehicle is no longer available due to a late arrival of flights, your failure to advise the Rental Provider of delays, or if you fail to provide your flight number in accordance with clause 9.1.
- We work with a number of Rental Providers and the fuel policy differs per Rental Provider. Information on the fuel policy can be found in the "more information" section of the quote screen. In all cases, fuel is not included in the final price quoted.
- We only work with companies with a “fair fuel” policy. This means all of our quotes come with a Renter friendly policy that allows you to return the Vehicle with the same amount of fuel as the Vehicle was collected. We also promise that there will be no administration fees charged for this service.
Ending the Contract early
- We may end the Contract straight away by providing you with notice if:
- a receiving order has been made against you or you are declared bankrupt; or
- you breach any term of this Contract in a way that cannot be rectified.
- You may end the Contract immediately by providing us with written notice if we materially break the terms of the Contract.
- If the Contract ends early for any reason:
- you must pay any amounts owed to us under the Contract and for the losses we suffer as a result; and
- you may lose the benefit of any damage waivers, excess reduction products or insurance.
- Nothing in the Contract reduces your statutory rights. If we materially break the Contract by not doing what we agreed to, we must pay for foreseeable losses you suffer as a result. We will not be responsible for your foreseeable losses where you have been able to recover them from someone else. We will not pay for any indirect or unforeseeable losses.
- If you encounter a problem with the Vehicle, please inform the Rental Provider immediately to give them the opportunity to rectify the problem. If you do not advise the Rental Provider at the time it may be difficult to pursue a complaint at a later stage. Our Rental Providers will do their utmost to assist with any given request, however assistance cannot be guaranteed.
- If you would like to contact us, we will provide as much assistance as we can.
- Please Note: If you do not take these steps, it is very hard for us to deal with issues that are raised after your rental has ended and we may not be able to fully resolve them. If you take these steps and wish to follow up your complaint when you get home, you must log in and use the Manage My Booking section in our website within 28 days of your return. You will receive an acknowledgement of your email within 3 working days and we endeavour to answer all Renter service queries within 28 days of receiving them. Sometimes we can experience delays if we are liaising with the suppliers. To help us process your query quicker please provide Holiday Cars with your Reservation number and include all paperwork from the supplier relating to your rental if possible.
Assignment and other dealings.We (but not you) may subcontract, assign, delegate, transfer, charge or otherwise dispose of all of our rights and responsibilities under this Contract without your prior written consent.
Entire agreement. The Contract contains all the terms which we have agreed with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings between us (whether oral or in writing) relating to such subject matter. You acknowledge and agree that you have not been induced to enter into this Contract by a statement or promise which it does not contain. All warranties, conditions and other terms (whether express or implied) which are not set out in this Contract are (to the fullest extent permitted by law) excluded from this Contract.
Variation. No variation of this Contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by each of the parties.
Waiver. Failure to exercise (or to fully exercise), or any delay in exercising, any right or remedy provided under this Contract or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy under this Contract or by law.
Notices. Notices required to be given under this Contract may be sent by email here. Notices shall be deemed to have been duly received: (a) if delivered personally, in the case of Holiday Cars, when left at the registered address, or in the case of the Renter, when left at the address you have provided to us as part of the Reservation process; (b) if sent by pre-paid first-class post or recorded delivery, at 9:00am on the second day (excluding weekends and public holidays) after posting; (c) if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s receipt is signed; or (d) if delivered by email, at the time of transmission.
Third party rights. Any person who is not a party to this Contract shall have no rights to enforce its terms.
Governing law and jurisdiction. This Contract shall be governed by English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.