Car rental Sofia Airport
Sofia Airport (IATA: SOF, ICAO: LBSF), also called Letishte Sofia-Vrazhdebna, is the main airport in Sofia, Bulgaria. It also includes Vrazhdebna Air Base of the Bulgarian Air Force. The airport has two terminals, terminal 1 mainly used by budget airlines like EasyJet, Wizz Air, terminal 2 handling traditional carriers and serving as a hub to the national carrier Bulgaria Air. The two terminals are connected by shuttle bus running every 30 minutes. It handles more than three million of passengers each year. Airlines serving at the airport include Air Malta with regular flights to Athens and Malta, Air France to Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, British Airways to London-Heathrow, and low cost airline with flights to Barcelona, Dortmund and more.
Car hire services at Sofia Airport
Tourists like to rent a car at Sofia Airport. This is partially thanks to the convenience and cheap rates. Located only five kilometers east of central Sofia, it is handy to drive to the city center by rental car. The route from the airport to the center is well sign-posted in English. There is an extensive range of companies offering car rental at Sofia Airport, such as Avis, Hertz, Sixt, Budget and National. Despite the generally cheap rates for car rental at Sofia airport, it is always advisable to rent a car at Sofia airport prior to travelling, in order to avoid limited availability at higher rates. You can book car rental at Sofia airport from our website. With our car rental search engine you can compare all car rental companies located at the airport with eachother. This definitely helps you to secure a great car rental deal.
Facilities at Sofia airport:
The following facilities are located at Sofia Airport (SOF):
- General information desks can be found in both terminals.
- Lost & found can be reached in terminal 1.
- There is a reasonable amount of snack bars and cafés and a large Duty Free shop in terminal 2.
- A Business Class Lounge is located on the second floor of terminal 2, with well equipped business facilities.
- There are currency exchange offices, ATMs and a branch of United Bulgarian Bank.
- The airport has excellent facilities for the disabled, including wheelchair ramps, adapted elevators and toilets.
1 Christopher Columbus Boulevard
IATA airport code: SOF
ICAO airport code: LBSF