Compare Cheap Car Rental Heraklion airport
Heraklion International Airport (HER), also known as Nikos Kazantzàkis Airport after the great writer and philosopher, is the main airport on the island of Crete
, Greece. Located about 5 kilometers east of the city of Heraklion and handling more than five million of passengers a year, it is Greece's
second busiest airport after Athens International Airport
. Many important resorts are accessible via Nikos Kazantzakis Airport, such as Heraklion, Aghios Nikolaos, Malia, Hersonissos, Stalida and Elounda. Nikos Kazantzakis Airport will cease operations when the new airport starts running. Photography is officially prohibited as the airport is used by the Greek Air Force. Airlines serving the airport include Aegean Airlines, Aeroflot, Transavia, Wizz Air, XL Airways France, Easy Jet and more.
A broad choice of car rental suppliers at Herklion airport
Companies that offer car rental at Heraklion Airport include Avis, Autohellas, Eurodollar, Hertz, Sixt and Travel Star. You can find the counters of these suppliers of car rental at Heraklion airport in the Arrivals Hall. It's advisable to rent a car in advance and simply pick it up at the airport. It saves you time, money and hassle. With a rental car, it's easy to reach any part of Crete from the airport. Like in the rest of Greece
car rental at Heraklion airport is always reasonably priced. When booking from car rental broker holidaycars.com, it's more likely to receive a cheaper offer with guaranteed quality, because of its high volume of car rental deals and strong negotiation with the suppliers.
Facilities available at Heraklion International Airport (HER) include:
- General information center is near the baggage area in the Arrivals Hall.
- ATMs/ Bank, currency exchange service can be found in the terminal building.
- Lost property can be made to the information desk.
- There are a few restaurants, bars in the terminal building.
- There is free Wi-Fi connection.
- There are no hotels or conference rooms at the airport.
- The airport has limited facilities for the disabled. Help for the disabled during arrival and departure is available upon request.
Heraklion Airport "N. Kazantzakis"
Telephone: +30(0)2810 397129/397136
Fax: +30(0)2810 245598