Car rental Athens airport
Athens International Airport (IATA: ATH, ICAO: LGAV), known as Elefthérios Venizélos, named after the Greek statesman Eleftherios Venizelos, is the airport serving Athens
and the region of Attica. Handling more than 15 million passengers annually, the airport has become increasingly popular as a gateway to Asia and the Middle East. Located 33 kilometers southeast of Athens, its nearest airport is Kanaris Airport (PKH). There are two terminals, the “Main Terminal” and the “Satellite Terminal”, connected by underground. Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is the major hub and base of two leading Greek airlines Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air, conducting flights to Corfu, Amsterdam, Sofia and more. Other airlines serving at Athens International airport include TAP Portugal to Lisbon, Lufthansa to Frankfurt, Munich, to name but a few.
Enjoy profitable car hire rates at Athens airport
Car rental at Athens airport is highly popular among tourists, thanks to its convenience to travel around at your own pace and the relatively cheap car rental rates. The airport is easily accessible by rental car to the city and various holiday resorts. You can follow the signs to Elefsuba and drive to the south, Thessaloniki
to the north. The toll road Attiki Odos connects the airport with the western districts of Athens. There are several companies that offer car rental at Athens airport, such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National/Alamo and Sixt. They are all suppliers of international car hire broker holidaycars.com. If you rent a car at Athens airport with holidaycars.com, it's more likely to get cheaper rates with equally good quality due to its extensive network of different suppliers and high volume of deals for car rental at Athens airport.
Facilities available at Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (ATH) are:
- There are several general information counters throughout the terminals.
- The Greek Tourist Bureau can be found in the Arrivals Hall.
- The airport has a full range of shops, bars, cafés and restaurants.
- The Business Center is available for rent.
- There are currency exchange offices, ATMs and banks at the airport.
- Wi-Fi is also available throughout the airport, as well as public internet computers.
- The airport has great facilities for the disabled, including wheelchairs, adapted restrooms and reserved parking spaces.
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos
Administration Building 17
IATA airport code: ATH
ICAO airport code: LGAV