Car rental Tenerife South airport
Tenerife South Airport (IATA: TFS, ICAO: GCTS), formerly named as Tenerife South-Reina Sofia Airport, is one of the two international airports located on the island of Tenerife
, also the largest of the Canary Islands. Located around 60 kilometers southwest of the capital Santa Cruz and 16 kilometers east of Playa de Las Américas, the airport is the busiest of the two airports on Tenerife island, handling around nine million passengers a year, mainly conducting flights to other Canary Islands and to mainland Spain
. Airlines serving at airport include Aer Lingus to Belfast, Dublin, ArkeFly to Amsterdam, Ryanair to Barcelona, London, to name just a few.
Easy acces to the highway, ideal for car hire
The airport is situated along the highway del Sur, TF-1M, which forms a ring road with highway del Norte. It is very convenient for travelers, who choose to travel with car rental from Tenerife South airport. You can book car rental at Tenerife South airport in advance and simply pick it up at the airport and easily drive to your holiday resorts by following the highway. There are several companies that offer car rental at Tenerife South airport in the Central Hall, such as Hertz, Avis, Cicar, Europcar, Betacar, and Record. Please be aware that if you rent a car at Tenerife South airport at the local car rental counter, you may face a higher rate with limited availability. Considering the popularity of Tenerife being the holiday to-go, it is wise to make an early booking. You can book car rental at Tenerife South airport at car hire broker holidaycars.com, where you are more likely to rent a car at a cheaper rate with reliable quality, thanks to its wide network of suppliers with abundant fleets.
Facilities at Tenerife South-Reina Sofia Airport (TFS) are:
- General information desk is in the Central Hall.
- There is a Montaña Roja VIP Lounge at the airport, with various business facilities.
- Lost & Found can be reached by the General information counter.
- There are quite a few shops, restaurants and bars at the airport.
- There are currency exchange offices, ATMs and a bank called Caja Canarias at the airport.
- A First Aid post and a pharmacy can be found in the Central Hall.
- The airport has wheelchair ramps, adapted toilets and other facilities for the disabled.
Aeropuerto de Tenerife Sur
38610 Granadilla de Abona
IATA airport code: TFS
ICAO airport code: GCTS