Car rental Cagliari Elmas airport
Cagliari-Elmas Airport (IATA: CAG, ICAO: LIEE), also called Mario Mameli, is an international airport serving the island of Sardinia
, Italy. It is located in the territory of Elmas, near the island's capital Cagliari. With a capacity of handling 4 millions of passengers a year, the airport has seen continuous growth in passenger numbers. Airlines serving at the airport include Air Berlin conducting seasonal flights to Düsseldorf, Munich, Ryanair with scheduled flights to Genoa, Sevilla, Madrid and more.
Start exploring Cagliari from the start, by booking your rental car at Cagliari airport
To explore the amazing capital city in the mild Mediterranean weather and the island of Sardinia at your own leisure, car rental at Cagliari airport is doubtlessly the best choice. The airport is located about 6 kilometers from downtown Cagliari on the dual carriageway S130. It is handy to pick up your rental car at the airport and drive to the city or other holiday resorts. Companies that offer car rental at Cagliari airport include Hertz, Avis, Sixt, National, Easycar, Budget, Thrifty and Europcar. Some of the rental counters can be found just outside the airport terminal, in a new building next to the multistory car park. Although some travelers book a rental car after arrival, it is advised to make an early booking prior to travelling, for better rates with abundant availability. If you are uncertain of making a booking for car rental at Cagliari airport before settling flight and hotel, you can rent a car at Cagliari airport online from car hire broker holidaycars.com and make use of its free quote service, which helps you secure a good car rental deal.
Facilities available at Cagliari Elmas Airport (CAG) include
- General information desk is set in the Arrivals Hall.
- The airport has a business center located on the second floor, with 6 offices and a fully equipped conference room.
- Lost & found and baggage storage can be found in the Arrivals Hall.
- The Sardegna Hotel is located a few kilometers from the airport.
- The airport only has a moderate amount of snack bars, restaurants and shops.
- There is a bank, currency exchange offices, a post office and ATMs.
- The airport has wheelchair ramps, adapted toilets, lifts and reserved parking space for the disabled passengers.
IATA airport code: CAG
ICAO airport code: LIEE