Car rental Venice airport
Venice Marco Polo Airport (IATA: VCE, ICAO: LIPZ) is the main airport serving Venice, Italy, located in Tessera, a frazione of the comune of Venice nearest to Mestre. Its nearby airports include Treviso Airport (TSF)
, Jesolo Airport (JLO), Vicenza Airport (VIC) and Belluno Airport (BLX). Venice Marco Polo Airport was named after the famous Venetian traveler Marco Polo. It is the fifth busiest airport in Italy, handing more than six million passengers annually. The airport hosts scheduled and charter flights, including long distance flights to the Middle East and North America.
car hire at Venice airport
Car rental at Venice airport greatly facilitates tourists who wish the visit the islands surrounding the Venetian lagoon. Traveling in the “City of Water” by rental car is unlikely, but few tourists would halt their trip just in the city center of Venice. With car rental at Venice airport you can take an easy day trip to the scenic Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy, or drive to the Lido, the most famous beach resort, known for the prestigious Venice Film Festival. Venice Marco Polo Airport is situated 12 kilometers outside the city along the SS14 to Trieste, which makes it easy to pick your rental car at Venice airport and head to the holiday resorts. There are more than 10 companies that provide car rental at Venice Marco Polo Airport, such as AutoEuropa, Avis, Easy Car, Hertz, Thrifty, etc, whose counters are located in the Arrivals Hall. The car rental rates at Venice airport are not excessively cheap, but you can rent a car at Venice airport online from international car hire broker holidaycars.com, which offers you WOW Low Cost car rental product at cheaper prices with guaranteed quality.
Facilities at Venice airport (VCE) include:
- General information counter is in the Departures Hall.
- The tourist counter is in the Arrivals Hall.
- The Travelex Business Center has meeting rooms and conference facilities.
- Lost & found can be reached in the Arrivals Hall.
- The airport has a large range of shops, snack bars and restaurants.
- There are banks, money exchange offices, ATMs and a post office.
- The airport is accessible for the disabled passengers with wheelchair ramps, adapted toilets, telephones and elevators.
Aeroporto di Venezia Marco Polo
Viale G. Galilei, 30/1
IATA airport code: VCE
ICAO airport code: LIPZ